Keep up to date with Google Alerts!
If you blog or if you are interested about a certain topic, market or product. It can be beneficial to know what is written and who is writing about your topic, right? Google has a useful free tool for this service, Google alerts.
Get started with Google Alerts:
- Go to Google Alerts.
- In the “Query/search phrase”, type in the word or phrase you want to follow. Are you a wedding planner, type the word ‘wedding planner’ in the box.
- Next choose which kind of source you want to follow. You can choose All, Blogs, News, Discussions, Videos and Books. Select All if you want to have as much information as possible. If you want to narrow it down to only one source, you can select it.
- Choose how often you want Google to send the results to you and what email you whant to get it sent to.
- Choose how often you want to get the result. If you have a broad selection, you might want to narrow it down to the best results. Otherwise you can choose ‘All results’.
- Click on “Create Alert” and you will receive automatic emails of Google whenever someone writes about your selected topic.
You can always go back to the link to turn off the alarms if you get them too often. And you can create different alarms, one for each of your most popular products.
What to do with the information you get from Google Alerts?
This can be used in many different ways, but the most obvious is the following:
Someone writes in a blog or a discussion thread about the item you are selling or your company. Then, you’ll immediately know about it in an email from Google. When you have the information you can choose to act on it. You probably whant to joint the discussion or leave a comment on the blog to show that you are listening and whant to participate. Only good things can come from that.
Now you can set up any alert to get information about any topic of your own interest. Staying updated and ahead of your competitors is crucial!
Do you need more tips in how to get better control of your internet presence, let us help you!